Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Findports.com Support Message BoardFindports.com - Support

HelpHomeLoginSearch Spam Check  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I need to find the port information for ... (Read 23644 times)
Reply #15 - 05/19/08 at 17:10:53

johnnycage   Offline
Findports new user
Findports forum user

Thanks for the info but just out of curiousity how do u find out what the the UDP port and TCP ports for games is?

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 05/20/08 at 03:56:00

-Predator-   Offline
Findports Administrator
Findports - Game and application
port information
United Kingdom

We do a lot of research :p
Also we play a lot of games ourselves which means that we need to know  what ports a lot of titles use, we also spend a lot of time with game players across a wide spectrum of games. The ports would normally, for most games anyway, be listed in the manual that comes with it and most software companies offer good support for connection related problems if you should get stuck.

Users are also able to send us information via the web site which we verify and post on the web site if the information is found to be correct.

-Predator- Findports Administrator.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 05/22/08 at 14:52:11

johnnycage   Offline
Findports new user
Findports forum user

is the TCP port for heroes of might and magic 3 complete different from heroes of might and magic 3 which is listed as  4269? because i'm trying 2 play heroes of might and magic 3 complete with my nephew and have entered 4269 TCP port on my router and every time he tries 2 find my IP address it says it cann't be found. he has the same coppy of the game that i do. what could be wrong? Cry

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 05/23/08 at 10:18:31

-Predator-   Offline
Findports Administrator
port information
United Kingdom

Are you playing the game over the internet or are the two computers at the same location? Also, do you both have original copies of the game (two original cd's required) and has your nephew also checked that the game is allowed through the firewall and router if he has one?

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 05/30/08 at 17:30:00

johnnycage   Offline
Findports new user
Findports forum user

My nephew and i are playing over the internet. my sister and i am on the same router and have no problem playing.my nephew an i have the same copy of the game but they are not originals from when the game was released.it was 1 they released later that contains HOMM3 resteration of arathia, armagedons blade, and shadows of death all on 1 disk.My nephew is also on a router.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 05/30/08 at 17:50:53

-Predator-   Offline
Findports Administrator
port information
United Kingdom

In exactly the same way as all other information, we do our homework and where possible test for ourselves.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print