Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Findports.com Support Message BoardFindports.com - Support

HelpHomeLoginSearch Spam Check  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
configure router(netgear wgr614v9) to host online (Read 4824 times)
12/19/08 at 05:56:18

smith-tas   Offline
Findports new user
Findports.com

right ..my problem is im trying to host games online(stronghold crusader) on gamespy arcade but i cant.......i  can join games no problem and can also host games no problem when i dont have my router connected....but as soon as i hook my router up i cant host but i can join games. does anyone know how to configure this router(netgear wgr614v9) so that i have no problems hosting a game......thanx 4 any help

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/20/08 at 14:00:02

-Predator-   Offline
Findports Administrator
Findports - Game and application
port information
United Kingdom

Hi smith-tas,

In order to be able to host games from behind a router you will need to make sure that the ports for the game are forwarded in your router and if you are going to host a game on GameSpy Arcade you will also need to make sure that the ports for GameSpy Arcade are also forwarded in the router. The ports for the game and GameSpy Arcade are listed below.

Stronghold Crusader: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
GameSpy Arcade: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

If you are unsure of how to forward the required ports you should find this article useful, it describes how to forward ports for your particular router: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

This article describes the process of forwarding ports on your router and should explain exactly how to do it. If you still have problems or are unsure of how to forward the ports please check the manual that was supplied with the router or contact Netgear through their web site support section, Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login support forums Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or take a look at their knowledge base articles Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login to see if you can find any information there.

Please let us know how you get on with this and feel free to post again if you are still experiencing problems.
« Last Edit: 04/23/09 at 11:07:14 by -Predator- »  

-Predator- Findports Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print